Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to load non-Apple preference panes

Hi, don't know since when (maybe since 10.15.2 update) but I'm unable to load non-Apple preferences panes. Deleting their .plist files doesn't work and neither works unistalling and reinstalling them.

(Flash Player - Fuse - Paragon NTFS for Mac - Switchres X).

Am I missing something in the Privacy pane?

Thanks Simon

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 8:33 AM

7 replies

Dec 23, 2019 8:58 AM in response to majortom1967

majortom1967 wrote:

Hi, don't know since when (maybe since 10.15.2 update) but I'm unable to load non-Apple preferences panes. Deleting their .plist files doesn't work and neither works unistalling and reinstalling them.
(Flash Player - Fuse - Paragon NTFS for Mac - Switchres X).
Am I missing something in the Privacy pane?
Thanks Simon

From >System Preferences>Preferences>View>Customize

verify you have checked to include the third party apps here.

Customize your Mac with System Preferences - Apple Support

>System Preferences>Security&Privacy>Privacy

Full Disk Access or associated folder —unlockthe padlock to make changes

Change Privacy preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Dec 23, 2019 10:59 AM in response to majortom1967

majortom1967 wrote:

Thank Leroy but the problem is not here...
Simon

You are not giving much to work with here—

maybe you can paint a bigger picture.

Are you admin?

Have you tried downloading up to date third party apps?

any error dialogs?

what have you tried?

are you to date on the 10.15.2, is this the stair step up from 10.15.1 The combo update has been know to resolve issues: Download macOS Catalina 10.15.2 Combo Update - Apple ..

no Preference panes are opening, just third party? "unable to load non-Apple preferences"

Is this an old problem or new since updating?

With the release of macOS 10.15 Catalina, applications will have to be 64-bit. App developers will issue updated apps if they want their apps to work on this newest macOS upgrade

32-bit app compatibility with macOS ... - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

Dec 24, 2019 10:11 AM in response to majortom1967

leroydouglas wrote:
are you to date on the 10.15.2, is this the stair step up from 10.15.1 The combo update has been know to resolve issues: Download macOS Catalina 10.15.2 Combo Update - Apple ..

majortom1967 wrote:

Problem has been solve re-updating to 10.15.2 via Combo update.
Simon

Good computing majortom1967 ! Thanks for your feedback.

Dec 23, 2019 2:34 PM in response to leroydouglas

Hi. All prefs (Paragon NTFS 15 for Mac, Fuse, Flash Player and Switchres 4.9) must be 64 bit compatibile as I was using them with no problem until a few days ago (or surely with 10.15.1). This is why I suspect a problem after 10.15.2. Yes I’m the admin and I never got errors with them rather no more way to load them (and change their prefs).

What I’m going to do now as delta updates are often unreliable is to reapply 10.15.2 via the Combo update.

tnx Simon

Unable to load non-Apple preference panes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.