Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have turned off all the notifications in the mail but the ''password requirement'' for an e-mail account keeps popping in the right corner, it is annoying me for few days now and I couldn't find any solution, any tips turning it off?

I have turned off all the notifications in the mail but the ''password requirement'' for an e-mail account keeps popping in the right corner, it is annoying me for few days now and I couldn't find any solution, any tips turning it off?

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 10:32 AM

The password prompt isn't a notification. It is an error dialog indicating that the password it has stored is incorrect. It will periodically check for email and must log into the server to do that.

If the correct password is not sticking, open Keychain Access and find any entries for that email account. Delete them, then open Mail and enter the correct password when requested.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2019 10:32 AM in response to amjad104

The password prompt isn't a notification. It is an error dialog indicating that the password it has stored is incorrect. It will periodically check for email and must log into the server to do that.

If the correct password is not sticking, open Keychain Access and find any entries for that email account. Delete them, then open Mail and enter the correct password when requested.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.