Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage is Signed Out. An error occurred and your account () is signed out of iMessage.

I have an iphone XS Max and just recently updated to iOS 13.3. Everything works fine (that I know of) except iMessages. When I try to send an iMessage I get the following message: iMessage is Signed Out. An error occurred and your account (...@.com) is signed out of iMessage. You may miss messages as a result. Please go to Settings to address this issue. I have done this ! Under Settings ~ Messages ~ iMessages is greyed out and can not be turned on. Help me please !!!!!!

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 9:02 AM

Thank you Brenden, but I found that link on the web. I tried everything but I can not get that far. When I go to Settings ~ Messages ~ iMessage is greyed out and I can not turn it on. I have turned off Facetime, forced shut-off, everything but iMessage is still greyed so I can not turn it on or off.

Any other suggestions? Thank you for trying to help.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2019 9:02 AM in response to brenden dv

Thank you Brenden, but I found that link on the web. I tried everything but I can not get that far. When I go to Settings ~ Messages ~ iMessage is greyed out and I can not turn it on. I have turned off Facetime, forced shut-off, everything but iMessage is still greyed so I can not turn it on or off.

Any other suggestions? Thank you for trying to help.

Dec 25, 2019 4:41 PM in response to B4Tex

Hello B4Tex,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to sign in for iMessage on your iPhone, as it is greyed out. To help with this, please follow the relevant steps in this Apple resource on iMessages issues and then contact Apple if you need any further assistance.

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers!

iMessage is Signed Out. An error occurred and your account () is signed out of iMessage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.