You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restrict my phone number from showing on the call recipient's caller ID making outgoing calls?

I just purchased a used iPhone 7Plus. On every other phone I've ever used there's been a way to restrict my number, making it private so that it doesn't show on the caller IDs of the people I call. But although I've searched, I simply can't see the option on my phone. Most of the things I've read said that it's easy to do by using this setting option: Settings->Phone->Show my Caller ID" - Toggle off. I can get to the "Phone" group of settings, but "Show my Caller ID" isn't there. And searching doesn't reveal it anyplace in settings that I can find. Please help! TIA.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 6:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 1:42 PM

That explains it then. I am not using GSM. Thanks so much for the clarification as this was very confusing.

I have an additional question relating to the issue: is it possible to restrict my number by manually typing *67 on outgoing calls, even with a non-GSM phone provider? TIA!

Annie

2 replies

Dec 26, 2019 7:48 AM in response to AnnieA91604

Hello AnnieA91604,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities,

I understand that you are wanting to restrict your phone number showing with Caller ID when you are calling people. You may need to contact your carrier for any solution they can provide on the network since the Show My Caller ID setting is not showing on your device. The following guide details the fact that the Show My Caller ID feature is only available if you're using your iPhone on a GSM network:

Make a call on iPhone

Best regards.

How can I restrict my phone number from showing on the call recipient's caller ID making outgoing calls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.