Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone does not have "Show My Caller ID"

I have the iPhone 11 with iOS 16.1.1. Why is my setting menu under the phone app different than others I've seen on "How-To" videos online? I want to block my # from showing when I call people and my phone does not have "Show My Caller ID." Why? Thanks in advance.

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 6:22 PM

Christine Altieri wrote:

can I check my settings to see if I have caller ID? If so, where? Thanks

If you don’t know if you have (and aren’t seeing) caller ID, check with your carrier.

This is received caller ID from the caller and from the carrier, rather than the sending caller ID when you are calling others.

Your carrier will know more about cases where you don’t have control of sending your caller ID, as well. They might have some other mechanism for enabling that, too.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 6:22 PM in response to Christine Altieri

Christine Altieri wrote:

can I check my settings to see if I have caller ID? If so, where? Thanks

If you don’t know if you have (and aren’t seeing) caller ID, check with your carrier.

This is received caller ID from the caller and from the carrier, rather than the sending caller ID when you are calling others.

Your carrier will know more about cases where you don’t have control of sending your caller ID, as well. They might have some other mechanism for enabling that, too.

Dec 29, 2022 5:39 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Hi,

Thank you. I definitely do not have a business email on my phone, nor is my phone, or anything else, connected to IT at my office. I've been working from home and new responsibilities have been thrown on my lap so I need to call clients from home with my personal cell phone.

Most importantly, do you know if my carrier will increase my bill if I contact them to enable this option? <<yes, I did not get a raise with this new work thrown at me and have a budget to consider>>

Thanks again.

my phone does not have "Show My Caller ID"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.