Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Show my caller ID" is not an option on my iPhone XR

Hi, I want to hide my name from appearing on people's screen when I call, but I can't find "Show my caller ID" anywhere in Settings. I went to "Phone" and "Cellular," just like I read online, but it is not there. Help please?

iPhone 6, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 5:30 PM

Caller ID is a carrier function, and the switch to control it is actually enabled by your carrier. If you don’t see the switch your carrier may not support controlling it from your phone. You would have to call your carrier and ask them to disable caller ID for your number.

Another possibility is if you have a company phone or your phone has a company email account then the IT administrator can disable controlling Caller ID.

Not directly related to your question, but if you call a toll-free number you cannot disable caller ID; the number is toll-free to you, but not to the business you are calling, so they legally can know the caller they are paying for.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 5:30 PM in response to blancanieves240

Caller ID is a carrier function, and the switch to control it is actually enabled by your carrier. If you don’t see the switch your carrier may not support controlling it from your phone. You would have to call your carrier and ask them to disable caller ID for your number.

Another possibility is if you have a company phone or your phone has a company email account then the IT administrator can disable controlling Caller ID.

Not directly related to your question, but if you call a toll-free number you cannot disable caller ID; the number is toll-free to you, but not to the business you are calling, so they legally can know the caller they are paying for.

"Show my caller ID" is not an option on my iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.