Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mercedes Benz A class A180 Apple CarPlay Scrambled Screen

Is anyone still having issues with Apple CarPlay and Mercedes screens. I have a 2017 A class and this scrambled screen happens a lot in my car. It’s so annoying as I can’t use a service I’m paying for. Anyone found a resolution? I’ve been to Mercedes who told me to back up my phone and set it to factory settings and re install my back up which I did, no difference. I have a iPhone XS Max and I’ve recently upgraded to the latest iOS. I really need help Mercedes blame Apple and Apple blame Mercedes but my car is still doing this. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting CarPlay in Settings-General-CarPlay and that worked for a while but now it’s just gone back to this scrambled screen. This has been happening for 13/14 months and no-one can give me an answer. 

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 12:01 AM

12 replies

Dec 26, 2019 11:42 AM in response to sachbaybay

Hello sachbaybay!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! From your post, it sounds like you're experiencing difficulty when using CarPlay.

Check out the following support article, specifically steps 1-7 in the section titled "Get help", which provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior:

How to use CarPlay with your iPhone

If you're still experiencing this issue, you can Contact Apple Support.

Have a great day!

Jan 4, 2020 11:18 AM in response to Klasib

Klasib,

Mine looks exactly the same, when I went to the Mercedes dealer they said it’s a Apple software issue and they can’t do nothing about it. Does yours happen intermittently to? Or is it constant. I temporarily fixed mine by going to settings-general- CarPlay- forget this device and then added it as a fresh device and it helped for a few months. But I am back at square one.

Jan 13, 2020 12:32 PM in response to sachbaybay

We just bought a 2019 GLA on Saturday and are experiencing this on one phone but not the other. Both are iPhone XS and are fully up to date. I called Mercedes and they told me the majority of the time a hard reset of the phone will fix the issue (top volume button, then bottom volume button, then hold power button down until reset). Going to try this tonight to see if it works, but it sounds like at least one other person on this thread had success with this.

Jan 14, 2020 10:37 AM in response to johamill

A hard reset may do the trick.... Be good as new. Then you can reprogram/set up the entire system all over again exactly the way you like it. Maybe this time you will obtain better results. Try to always have faith and stay positive. Count your blessings daily!!! Try and remember there is a whole world out there to see and explore. Family, children, friends, loved ones etc. to interact and socialize with. 😘😘

Mercedes Benz A class A180 Apple CarPlay Scrambled Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.