Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment information could not be updated. There is an issue with your payment method. Update your payment information to correct the problem and try again.

After upgrading to the iPhone 11 pro, my family sharing function developed this glitch. I keep getting an "Update your payment method" alert, which when I try to update my payment method to the SAME CARD I HAVE USED FOR YEARS, this is the message I keep getting.

This is the same card I have used for years, and the issue started only when I upgraded to the new iPhone 11 pro, I keep getting this message and my family sharing function is not allowing my children to purchase / download apps- free or otherwise.

Please help.

My information is correct in iTunes, icloud and all the other iPlaces, the 3-digit security code is correct. The spacing and minor details are correct. I have logged out and back in to all the iThings. I would call Apple directly, but I cannot find their iAmhelpfulsupport number.

Thank you.

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 2:06 PM

Hi SJKail,

I understand you're receiving prompts to update your payment method on your iPhone. 

You'll find steps and guidance for this issue here: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store

You'll want to Contact Apple Support if you continue to have problems.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

4 replies

Dec 27, 2019 11:10 AM in response to SJKail

Just wanted to say that I AM HAVING THIS SAME PROBLEM! Several weeks ago, when being helped by Apple Customer Service, it took a GOOD hour JUST to be able to download one free app. When I tried to download another free app (with the Apple Assistant still on the phone with me) - it wouldn’t work again.

Since it had taken so many tedious steps just to download the one, I didn’t want to have to do that each time (too many steps) - and the Apple Assistant agreed that we really hadn’t arrived at a long term solution. I thanked her, and I had to end our “help session” to resume what little was left of my day.

Here I am today, I’m doing some research and find what I’m looking for on Quora - when they ask me to download their free app. Went to do that - nope. Tried some suggestions from last incident on my own - still not working. Ugh. I’m don’t have it in me to spend HOUR(s) on the phone again. Please fix this, Apple. These phones cost way too much money for this to be happening, IMO. 😠

Payment information could not be updated. There is an issue with your payment method. Update your payment information to correct the problem and try again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.