Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone is frozen because it could not update and i can't do nothing with it without the imei number and i can't retrieve that because the phone is frozen

My iphone is frozen because it could not update and i can't do nothing with it without the imei number and i can't retrieve that because the phone is frozen? how do i get the phone back in use?

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 7:26 AM

The IMEI number is not necessary to restore or update an iPhone. See this if you are having difficulty updating your iPhone. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies

Dec 24, 2019 7:26 AM in response to pooliscool

Contact your cell provider. They will be able to look up the IMEI number for your device. You may nee to personally go to the provider's store and convince them that it is not a stolen phone.

Option #2: Locate a 10 year old or less child or a person that steals cell phone and ask them what the IMEI number is. They will be able to resolve your issue quickly. :-)

My iphone is frozen because it could not update and i can't do nothing with it without the imei number and i can't retrieve that because the phone is frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.