Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Tv

My apple tv keeps asking me for the Apple ID Verification for an id that I no longer use but used to. everything on all my other devices has been changed to my current id but my apple tv keeps asking for the other

Apple TV 4, tvOS 13

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 9:53 AM

Check to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases/downloads. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2019 9:53 AM in response to jenifer278

Check to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases/downloads. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Apple Tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.