Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV: ID Verification

I am the 2nd owner of my Apple TV. I have gone into "Settings" > "Users and Accounts" > Clicked on the old user and have removed his account. I added my account. All that worked very smoothly. My question is - Whenever I open the Music App to play my Apple Music, a screen keeps popping up that says "Apple ID Verification" "Enter the password for ____ (old users email address)___ in settings." You can click Settings or Not Now. I have tried clicking both. When I click "Not Now" the same Apple ID Verification screen immediately just pops back up. And it does it over and over and over again. When I click Settings, it shows that I am the only user on this Apple TV. I have already removed the old user, so I don't know why it's asking me to enter his password. I don't know his password. So far, I have only experienced this problem on the music app, but it could be happening on other apps too... Can someone please help me resolve this issue?

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 4:33 PM

Please reset the Apple TV to the factory specifications so it appear as brand new. Otherwise you will continue to have problems. If you are unsure of how to do this please click Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings . First you will need to identify which Apple TV you have, you can easily do this using Identify your Apple TV model

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2020 4:33 PM in response to haleighnoel

Please reset the Apple TV to the factory specifications so it appear as brand new. Otherwise you will continue to have problems. If you are unsure of how to do this please click Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings . First you will need to identify which Apple TV you have, you can easily do this using Identify your Apple TV model

Apple TV: ID Verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.