Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store will not download app because not having enough space even though I do.

Im trying to download Areofly fs 2 which is about 33Gbs and I have about 45Gbs available but my App Store still says I don't have enough space.

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 11:54 PM

It obviously isn't enough space. You can't fill a drive all the way up. You will begin having issues with your Mac if you go beyond what you have free now. The OS needs free space in which to operate. The app store won't let you overfill a drive.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.2; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.1.1; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.3; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.4.1;  HomePods, audioOS 13.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2019 11:54 PM in response to Campscout55

It obviously isn't enough space. You can't fill a drive all the way up. You will begin having issues with your Mac if you go beyond what you have free now. The OS needs free space in which to operate. The app store won't let you overfill a drive.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.2; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.1.1; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.3; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.4.1;  HomePods, audioOS 13.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

App Store will not download app because not having enough space even though I do.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.