Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch can't connect to iphone

when i try to connect my watch to my phone when it is paring it says update but the phone says the apple watch is up to date and the only way you can get out of the screen is to restart all over so how do i finish paring it then.

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 3:24 PM

If you have an iPhone 6, 6 Plus or older, it will not pair with a new Apple Watch. The new Apple Watch Series 3 and 5 require an iPhone 6s, SE, 7 or newer running iOS 13.

If that is your situation, then

Apple Holiday Return Policy (Purchase between: 15-Nov-2019 thru 25-Dec-2019, Return by 8-Jan-2020)

All purchases made before November 15, 2019 and after December 25, 2019, are subject to the Standard 14-day Return Policy. 

https://www.apple.com/shop/help/returns_refund

If you have an iPhone that will work with your Apple Watch, then please give more details.

What Apple Watch Series

What watchOS version

What iPhone model?

What iPhone iOS version?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2019 3:24 PM in response to rhiyan

If you have an iPhone 6, 6 Plus or older, it will not pair with a new Apple Watch. The new Apple Watch Series 3 and 5 require an iPhone 6s, SE, 7 or newer running iOS 13.

If that is your situation, then

Apple Holiday Return Policy (Purchase between: 15-Nov-2019 thru 25-Dec-2019, Return by 8-Jan-2020)

All purchases made before November 15, 2019 and after December 25, 2019, are subject to the Standard 14-day Return Policy. 

https://www.apple.com/shop/help/returns_refund

If you have an iPhone that will work with your Apple Watch, then please give more details.

What Apple Watch Series

What watchOS version

What iPhone model?

What iPhone iOS version?

apple watch can't connect to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.