Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smartcard not working with OSX Catalina

My smartcard stopped working with the upgrade to Catalina. When I contacted Apple they told me to revert to Mojave and following the steps for preparing you computer for Calatina upgrade with respect to using a smartcard. I did, but am unsure that anything will change once I upgrade again. Anyone out there had this issue using a government issue CAC with Catalina?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 1:49 PM

6 replies

Dec 30, 2019 12:03 PM in response to Barney-15E

It seems to me in the early days of MacOS 10 CACs worked smoothly, then you needed middleware, and now the middleware all stopped working and it's supposed to be native again. I've had some issues, but I think they've been smoothed over.

Now if Microsoft would just release it's death-grip on the S/MIME control so I didn't have to run Parallels just to check encrypted e-mails, I'd be dancing in the streets.

Side note: The PIN issue (being requested over and over) is apparently not limited to macOS, but rather a problem with some Government web sites and personal computers. I have a friend who's getting the same thing on his Surface that he is on his MacBook Pro, and I'm seeing the PIN thing on my MBP in Chrome and Safari.

Smartcard not working with OSX Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.