Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mts home movies

hello all

i've got a canon HD video recorder (LEGRIA HFS20) that we use to make home movies. It creates MTS files. until recently i've been using iMovie to export these to iTunes and sometimes we watch them on our TV using apple TV. now that iTunes has changed to music, i'm not sure what the best thing is to do with these files? There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to export from iMovie to the new Apple TV app on my mac.

Many thanks!

Bronte

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 5:00 PM

You could use the Share > File… and save it to your Movies > TV > Media > Automatically Add to TV

Or, you can save to the Finder then Import into Photos.

If you use iCloud Photos, see here: Move iMovie Theater content to iCloud Photos - Apple Support

I haven't played with my AVCHD camera in a while, but perhaps Photos can import them directly, now.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2019 5:00 PM in response to bronte_cola

You could use the Share > File… and save it to your Movies > TV > Media > Automatically Add to TV

Or, you can save to the Finder then Import into Photos.

If you use iCloud Photos, see here: Move iMovie Theater content to iCloud Photos - Apple Support

I haven't played with my AVCHD camera in a while, but perhaps Photos can import them directly, now.

mts home movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.