Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7th gen IPod touch not working to sign into imessage/FaceTime

Was this ever resolved? I’m having issues logging in to use iMessage. The error message that comes up says “FaceTime Activation: An error occurred during activation. Try again“. All of the responses I’ve seen says to turn on/off iMessages in settings but it only allows me to log in which kicks back the same error each time. Please help!!! This is a new ipod my daughter got for Christmas!

iPod, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 9:56 PM

Hello,

Please refer to the following Apple Support document.

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies

Dec 26, 2019 8:30 AM in response to KayJP

We are having the same problem. WiFi enabled, time zone is correct, but there is no on/off for iMessage or FaceTime. There is only the sign in which keeps failing. Did you figure out how to fix? I reset the entire device. Our iPod 6 and iPads never gave us any troubles. This is frustrating because it was a Christmas present so my daughter is disappointed.

Dec 26, 2019 2:16 PM in response to Frutipebs

Same issue here too. Getting the same message over and over. Can use my Apple ID to sign into iMessage and FaceTime on the iPod but as soon as I put daughters new iCloud ID in I get an activation error message. Reset the whole iPod and deleted everything and tried fresh with a new iCloud ID and it did the same! Can use the new iCloud accounts on my iPhone though, it logs in but I can’t send or receive messages/calls with it. Hope they hurry up and sort it or it’ll be going back... not fit for purpose! So annoyed as bought as her main Xmas present she’s so disappointed!!

Dec 26, 2019 3:30 PM in response to Katpat80

I remember having a similar issue when I first created a new apple ID for my daughter and setting up my old iPhone 4s for her to use. It does seem like there is something to do with a 24-48 hour waiting period. — Status update on iPod, we are now seeing to the little spinning wheel for a very long time when signing in to activate iMessage. After a while we get a message that says the iMessage server cannot be contacted. This is different than just getting the error message so we are feeling hopeful. A few things I did to get this point: it’s been about 33 hours since first set up, logged out of iCloud, logged back in, under iCloud turned off message app and back on, turned off Bluetooth, switch to airplane mode for a minute, turned off airplane mode, closed all open apps, then went to iMessage app and signed in. Still waiting, fingers crossed.

7th gen IPod touch not working to sign into imessage/FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.