Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking message

I receive a text messages and can’t respond to them. “Free Msg: Unable to send message - Message Blocking is active.” Comes up constantly, when I send an initial text or when when trying to respond to someone.

How do I turn this off? On my iPhone 8

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 12:13 PM

Hello Vetkey!

Welcome to and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that when you try to send a message using your iPhone, you receive a message that says that message blocking is active.

In this particular situation, you will need to speak with your carrier to have them check your service to make sure you do not have a block turned on.

Also, check out the steps in this article called If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

I hope this information helps you!

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2019 12:13 PM in response to Vetkey

Hello Vetkey!

Welcome to and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that when you try to send a message using your iPhone, you receive a message that says that message blocking is active.

In this particular situation, you will need to speak with your carrier to have them check your service to make sure you do not have a block turned on.

Also, check out the steps in this article called If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

I hope this information helps you!

Cheers.

Blocking message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.