Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacbookPro wallpaper - why I cant see any pics in system preferrences

hi

does anyone have any idea why when I try to change wallpaper in system preferences I cant see any of my pics? I have bunch of high quality wallpapers but system cant see them. I can change wallpaper from finder no issues but I would like to swap all the pics in the folder and this option is only available in system preferences. almost none of my pics in the library are not shown there. is there a size / res restriction or what?

thanks

MacBook

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 8:11 AM

I don't think it's a size restriction/res restriction. On my Mac, wallpapers can be found in System prefs, then Desktop, then the Apple Folder, then Desktop pictures, etc or in users>>yourname>>pictures. I don't think it's setup to read your library (I'm guessing you're talking about iPhoto or Photos library). If you click on the plus button at the bottom, you can add a folder for it to check for pictures to display as wallpaper....

You used to be able to drag 'n' drop the picture you wanted onto the desktop picture, but I don't know if you can still do that, and if you have a bunch of 'em, it gets tedious changing them one at a time by hand

well, good luck to you

john b

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2019 8:11 AM in response to Greggerly

I don't think it's a size restriction/res restriction. On my Mac, wallpapers can be found in System prefs, then Desktop, then the Apple Folder, then Desktop pictures, etc or in users>>yourname>>pictures. I don't think it's setup to read your library (I'm guessing you're talking about iPhoto or Photos library). If you click on the plus button at the bottom, you can add a folder for it to check for pictures to display as wallpaper....

You used to be able to drag 'n' drop the picture you wanted onto the desktop picture, but I don't know if you can still do that, and if you have a bunch of 'em, it gets tedious changing them one at a time by hand

well, good luck to you

john b

MacbookPro wallpaper - why I cant see any pics in system preferrences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.