Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie

Hi I'm trying to connect my iMovie from my phone to the iMovie on my Mac so I can edit on both

MacBook

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 9:46 AM

You can't edit interchaneably with iMovie back and forth between your Mac and your iPhone. However, you can Air Drop your iPhone iMovie project to your Mac, where it will go into your Downloads folder. From your Mac iMovie you can then do a File/Import iOS Project to bring your iPhone iMovie project into your Mac iMovie, where it can be edited. I don't believe that you can send the editable project back to your iPhone iMovie.

The help menus for your iPhone will explain in more detail.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2019 9:46 AM in response to kimani222

You can't edit interchaneably with iMovie back and forth between your Mac and your iPhone. However, you can Air Drop your iPhone iMovie project to your Mac, where it will go into your Downloads folder. From your Mac iMovie you can then do a File/Import iOS Project to bring your iPhone iMovie project into your Mac iMovie, where it can be edited. I don't believe that you can send the editable project back to your iPhone iMovie.

The help menus for your iPhone will explain in more detail.

-- Rich

Imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.