Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible theft/fraud

I just had a notification pop up on my phone asking me to allow someone to use my Apple ID near Los Angeles. I don’t have contact with anybody over there, nor know anyone in that area. I was able to change my password, but am still curious if my ID is being used without my consent. Please help asap! I don’t want to get scammed!

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 7:45 AM

Someone may have been trying to sign into your Apple ID or if there was a link in the notification, it may have been a scam.  You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2019 7:45 AM in response to sylviaschroeder

Someone may have been trying to sign into your Apple ID or if there was a link in the notification, it may have been a scam.  You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

Possible theft/fraud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.