Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Vertical Lines on 2019 Macbook Pro

Hi,

The 13 in Macbook Pro is barely 1 month old and it currently developed a thin black vertical line to the right of the screen. It comes and go and if I gently press the bottom of the screen it flickers or changes location, indicating possibly a hardware issue.

The thing is, in Safe Mode I do not see the line at all.

Any suggestions for a quick fix before taking it to the service center?

I already had the hardware test and it came back negative.

Cheers.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 9:32 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Dec 26, 2019 10:42 AM in response to ticobiker

Yes, the reason for that is because the screenshot bypasses the display and comes straight from the GPU, while the photo is capturing the display. So it's a glitch in the display. I'd still see if Apple Diagnostics turns anything up. I'd also try cleaning the display with a soft cloth to be sure nothing is on the surface.

Dec 26, 2019 10:25 AM in response to ticobiker

Try running Apple Diagnostics and see if it turns up anything.

How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac - Apple Support

Apple Diagnostics is not the sensitive test for hardware. Just because it reports OK doesn't mean a problem doesn't exist but if it reports a problem you can be sure there is one.

Another thing I'd like to see is a screenshot of the issue. You can use the image insertion icon at the bottom of your reply window to post it.

Not sure what you mean about resetting time? An NVRAM reset wouldn't reset time unless it had been incorrect.

Black Vertical Lines on 2019 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.