Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone wont text android

My daughter has an iphone that is set up with the same Apple ID as my iPad Pro. I use an android phone. If I send her a text message from my android phone she will receive it, but if she tries to reply it goes to my iPad Pro messages app. I do not have a sim in my Ipad, nor is my phone number associated with my Ipad. (The Ipad is associated with my email address). I have tried everything in settings on both her phone, my phone, and my Ipad to resolve this and make her text messages to me come to my android phone, but to no avail. Even if I disable “iMessages” on my IPad, her messages will not come to my phone.

Question: How can I make her messages come to my phone and not my ipad?

(*Note: This does not happen with my wife’s phone or my Sons which are both also IPhones. Their texts come thru just fine)

Thanks,

Nick

iPhone 7

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 2:32 PM

Not sure what is going on here.

I see two possibilities

1: Her iPhone has your contact stored funny, You can try to remove your contact and send a message again.

2: Your phone number is still registered to iMessage, you can deregister it here: Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

Might be more possibilites, but I would start with that.

And yeah, you got to resolve the issue about sharing apple ID. There are few to no upsides, and many, many complications

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2019 2:32 PM in response to Nicks7

Not sure what is going on here.

I see two possibilities

1: Her iPhone has your contact stored funny, You can try to remove your contact and send a message again.

2: Your phone number is still registered to iMessage, you can deregister it here: Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support

Might be more possibilites, but I would start with that.

And yeah, you got to resolve the issue about sharing apple ID. There are few to no upsides, and many, many complications

iPhone wont text android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.