Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you set up messaging and FaceTime on iPod?

How do I set up FaceTime and messages on iPod. It keeps saying activation error on the ipod when I try to sign into facetime

iPod, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 4:04 PM

4 replies

Dec 26, 2019 6:14 PM in response to Ava_02

I spend 2 hours with a technician at the local Apple store today, ended up returning the device, and had a VERY disappointed daughter.

It does not work with iOS 13.3. When I reset the device iOs 12.x is installed and face time works but not iMessage. Once upgraded to iOS 13.3 neither worked, same error 'activation failed'.

We tried another device, same thing, as soon as we upgraded it stopped working.

Our conclusion was that iOS 13. is no good for an iPod (guess it was never tested !!!!). Now I will wait and see if any updates comes out with a fix then I will get a new iPod for my daughter, but for now it was very disappointing experience.

Dec 26, 2019 6:31 PM in response to QuickPost

ok, the technician at the Apple store was not able to get it working after upgrading to iOS 13.3. He tried on 2 devices. iOS 12.x works for facetime, not iMessage. On iOS 13.3 neither worked.

I would have liked for it to just work and not spend 2 hours and end up with a disappointed daughter.

If you have any suggestions of how to solve this I would love the hear them.

And - message and facetime works on my daughters iPad (same apple id).

How do you set up messaging and FaceTime on iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.