Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickBooks for Mac 2020 on iPad Pro

I am a PC user and just purchased my very first iPad. I am waiting on delivery. I want to use QuickBooks on this iPad but before I purchase it I want to know if it is compatible.

First let me say, I know zero about MACs or iPad operating systems. The system requirements for QuickBooks states:

QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020 System Requirements

• A minimum of macOS X v10.14 (Mojave) is needed.

Will this work on an iPad pro?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 6:24 PM

Welcome to the world of Apple! (I, like most others here am a volunteer, but I’m glad you asked this question.)

The iPad uses iPadOS, which is a completely different operating system than the Mac uses. This is the QuickBooks app for iPad:

‎QuickBooks Accounting on the App Store

I use a Mac (and an iPad). I don’t use QuickBooks, but I do use Quicken. Quicken for Mac is very comparable to Quicken for Windows. Quicken for iPad, however, is a bit more limited, for example, in how it interacts with financial institutions.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2019 6:24 PM in response to dey_comin

Welcome to the world of Apple! (I, like most others here am a volunteer, but I’m glad you asked this question.)

The iPad uses iPadOS, which is a completely different operating system than the Mac uses. This is the QuickBooks app for iPad:

‎QuickBooks Accounting on the App Store

I use a Mac (and an iPad). I don’t use QuickBooks, but I do use Quicken. Quicken for Mac is very comparable to Quicken for Windows. Quicken for iPad, however, is a bit more limited, for example, in how it interacts with financial institutions.

Dec 26, 2019 6:25 PM in response to dey_comin

No, it will not. Only apps designed to run on iPads will work. They have several products in the App Store app on your iPad (that is the only place you can get iPad apps). Open the iPad App Store app and search Quickbooks.

I think they are focusing on online products; you may want to look at the following page and contact their sales phone number near the top right of https://quickbooks.intuit.com/products/

QuickBooks for Mac 2020 on iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.