Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos stopped synching from iPhone to Mac after upgrading to macOS Catalina

I do not want to pay for iCloud Photos, so have been using My Photo Stream on my MacBook Pro successfully for many years to store the photos taken with my iPhone. However, since upgrading to macOS Catalina some time ago (currently running 10.15.2), photos from my iPhone have stopped showing up on my Mac. I have tried a few things, but this issue seems to be above my abilities. Any thoughts on what to try? I'd be grateful for any help. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 4:59 PM

Hello again peddlerpgm,

Thanks for the additional information. Let's make sure you have Photo Stream turned on following the steps under the "I don't see any photos in the My Photo Stream album" section here:

Get help with My Photo Stream - Apple Support

You'll find some additional troubleshooting suggestions in that resource as well.

I hope this helps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 4:59 PM in response to peddlerpgm

Hello again peddlerpgm,

Thanks for the additional information. Let's make sure you have Photo Stream turned on following the steps under the "I don't see any photos in the My Photo Stream album" section here:

Get help with My Photo Stream - Apple Support

You'll find some additional troubleshooting suggestions in that resource as well.

I hope this helps.

Dec 30, 2019 3:22 PM in response to peddlerpgm

Hello peddlerpgm,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand your photos from your iPhone stopped showing up on the Mac. I'm happy to assist you with this.

It sounds like you may have had iCloud Photos turned on previously. This would allow the photos from your iPhone to show on your Mac as well. Take a look at this article for more information on iCloud Photos and to see if it's enabled on your Mac:

Set up and use iCloud Photos

Best Regards.

Photos stopped synching from iPhone to Mac after upgrading to macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.