Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I store photos in iCloud that were taken with a digital camera and downloaded into Photos on my MacBook?

I have photos that were taken from a digital camera and were downloaded onto my MacBookPro. How do I store them into iCloud? I checked my iCloud account and they are not there. It is not obvious to me how to do it.

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 8:03 PM

You can either do it through Photos (import pics to Photos, make sure "Photos" is checked in iCloud) or enable iCloud Drive (system preferences/Apple ID/select iCloud Drive) and it will then show up in the finder window sidebar (if it doesn't, from Finder open Preferences, select "Sidebar" and make sure iCloud Drive is ticked).

If you use iCloud Drive, you can just drag and drop your photos onto the iCloud Drive icon - if you only want to copy them, hold the option key when you click / drag)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2019 8:03 PM in response to drbeki

You can either do it through Photos (import pics to Photos, make sure "Photos" is checked in iCloud) or enable iCloud Drive (system preferences/Apple ID/select iCloud Drive) and it will then show up in the finder window sidebar (if it doesn't, from Finder open Preferences, select "Sidebar" and make sure iCloud Drive is ticked).

If you use iCloud Drive, you can just drag and drop your photos onto the iCloud Drive icon - if you only want to copy them, hold the option key when you click / drag)

How do I store photos in iCloud that were taken with a digital camera and downloaded into Photos on my MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.