Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my music from the music app on my iMac is not downloading properly onto my MacBook

I have an iMac that is running Catalina 10.15.2 and the music app Version 1.0.2.37. My 2,338 songs are there and all my playlists.

On my MacBook which is also running Catalina 10.15.2 and the music app 1.0.2.37. It only shows 20 songs and I have never ever seen the playlists that are listed. I didn’t create them.

They are both signed into the same iCloud account. I have tried signing out of the music account on my MacBook, restarting, rebooting, etc.

What else should I try?

Thank you!

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 10:42 AM

Do you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match? If so see Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support. Otherwise see Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community.

tt2

3 replies

Dec 28, 2019 10:55 AM in response to marciafrommill creek

The same steps can help you copy the library. You don't have to delete the original. Your Music library only exists on the computer in front of you unless you have enabled iCloud Music Library (aka Sync Library) with one of those two services. Your unhidden purchases should appear on any device where you are signed into your Apple ID. Copy the <User>/Music folder from the iMac to the MacBook via your network or an intermediate copy on an external drive.

tt2

my music from the music app on my iMac is not downloading properly onto my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.