Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I buy music for download from the iTunes Store?

I launched music on my laptop (Older Macbook pro Catalina 10.15.7 - waiting for the new 15" before upgrading) When I go to the music app, I cannot preview songs I have looked up. I get a lame add for Apple Music and when I hit "Not Now" it goes into a loop and will not allow the preview. - And Yes, under preferences - General - Sync Apple music is 'Unchecked.' I also noticed there is no link to buy any song I looked up. Oh, I do have links to buy the crap music Apple is pushing. I cannot use steaming services based on my how I use my music. I must be able to download. So, Apple WTF did you do to the operating system to lock me out? I have already wasted too much time on this and will be buying my music elsewhere, if there isn't a simple fix. So, Good Job on losing the money I give you.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 22, 2021 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 12:31 PM

Swelke,

It takes some fortitude to get past all the annoying nudges for the streaming service, but you can still buy song downloads. Make sure to carefully follow the steps in here:

Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

2 replies

Why can't I buy music for download from the iTunes Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.