Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I no longer preview songs in the iTunes store?

Since "upgrading" to Catalina, there seems to be no way to preview music on the iTunes Store. Works on iPhone and iPad, but not on MacOS Catalina. Seems to me that Apple has taken a step away from customers like me that buy music.

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 1:51 PM

Hello plimagt3 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having an issue playing sample content in the iTunes Store.

First, make sure that you are running macOS Catalina 10.15.1.

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

When in the iTunes Store section of the Music app, if you choose an album, you should be able to place the cursor over the track number and have that change to a Play symbol, allowing you to sample the track.

If you don't have that ability and have already updated to 10.15.1, reach out to Apple Support for additional options.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2019 1:51 PM in response to plimagt3

Hello plimagt3 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you're having an issue playing sample content in the iTunes Store.

First, make sure that you are running macOS Catalina 10.15.1.

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

When in the iTunes Store section of the Music app, if you choose an album, you should be able to place the cursor over the track number and have that change to a Play symbol, allowing you to sample the track.

If you don't have that ability and have already updated to 10.15.1, reach out to Apple Support for additional options.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Cheers.

Why can I no longer preview songs in the iTunes store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.