Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Previewing music in Apple Music on a MacBook Pro

How can I preview music in Apple Music like I did in iTunes? I'm running Catalina OS.

Mike's 15" MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 12:19 PM

Hey there shortround4,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to know how to preview a song in Music on macOS Catalina. I’ll be happy to help.

With Apple Music, there isn’t an option to preview songs. To preview songs, you would need to switch to the iTunes Store and view the song/artist/album there. You can preview a song before you purchase when you do this. Take a look at this article for more info:

Buy or download music from the iTunes Store in Music on Mac

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2019 12:19 PM in response to shortround4

Hey there shortround4,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to know how to preview a song in Music on macOS Catalina. I’ll be happy to help.

With Apple Music, there isn’t an option to preview songs. To preview songs, you would need to switch to the iTunes Store and view the song/artist/album there. You can preview a song before you purchase when you do this. Take a look at this article for more info:

Buy or download music from the iTunes Store in Music on Mac

Cheers.

Previewing music in Apple Music on a MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.