Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Photos Download of Originals for iOS Shot Pics/Videos

Shoot pics on iPhone. Pics go up to cloud no problem.

iMac set to download originals. Every photo and video shows up as a thumbnail immediately but doesnt seem to download original until I select that particular photo within Photos to view it.

If I don't cycle through the recently shot pics, the "Download Original Photos" # seems to increase and increase.

WTF is going on?

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 1:08 AM

Follow these articles https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204264

https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/photos/pht5156cc968/4.0/mac/10.14

Keep signed your iPhone and Mac with same Apple ID and password on the same network .

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 28, 2019 2:38 AM in response to tygb

Appreciate the links but things are largely working so all those troubleshooting steps don't apply.

I've downloaded this library from the cloud from scratch to my computer. The size of the library in the cloud is 1.56TB. My computer has 1.66TB on it right now (I expect the originals on my computer to take up more space than in the cloud).

My library has 109k items.

Dec 28, 2019 7:49 AM in response to tygb

Thanks for trying to help me but this isn't all helpful. I have 150GB of space on my iMac hard drive, so space isn't an issue. My iCloud storage is a 2tb plan, and there is about 350GB of excess space up there.

My questions is why is Photos still not finished "Downloading Originals" weeks into this process? Why would I follow the link you gave me to manually download items from iCloud? This should be an automated process. Besides, I have no idea which items need to download of the 110k in my library.

iMac Photos Download of Originals for iOS Shot Pics/Videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.