Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OSX Mojave Photos app doesn't update fast enough to show recent photos or videos

Constantly having problems seeing either my recently shot photos or vidoes showing up in the Photos app on my laptop. I find it really annoying that the Photos app (10.14.6 Mojave) doesn't update with the videos shot on my iPhone (iOS 13.3). I just shot three videos. All of them have been uploaded to iCloud from what I can see on the iPhone (no spinning wheel for Wifi uploading). The 3rd video is not showing up in my Photos app and I need to get it so I can edit it and send it off! C'mon Apple!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 8:27 AM

Can you see the three videos in iCloud, if you open the Photos.app on your iCloud webpage www.icloud.com? This will tell you, if the videos are already in iCloud and if the Mac is the problem or the iPhone.

Have you checked, if the Mac has finished the current upload to iCloud? As long as the Mac did not upload all photos and videos and has merged them into the existing iCloud Library, it will not download the missing items from iCloud. What does the status bar in Photos on your Mac show? Does it still show "Uploading"? See: About the status bar in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

If your library contains items that cannot upload to iCloud, you have to find and remove them from your Photos Library, so the upload can finish.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2020 8:27 AM in response to Miklos

Can you see the three videos in iCloud, if you open the Photos.app on your iCloud webpage www.icloud.com? This will tell you, if the videos are already in iCloud and if the Mac is the problem or the iPhone.

Have you checked, if the Mac has finished the current upload to iCloud? As long as the Mac did not upload all photos and videos and has merged them into the existing iCloud Library, it will not download the missing items from iCloud. What does the status bar in Photos on your Mac show? Does it still show "Uploading"? See: About the status bar in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

If your library contains items that cannot upload to iCloud, you have to find and remove them from your Photos Library, so the upload can finish.

Mac OSX Mojave Photos app doesn't update fast enough to show recent photos or videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.