Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 13.3 device not recognized in iTunes

This might be a stupid question, but I want to make sure... I'm using High Sierra on my Mac. When I plug my iPhone (iOS 13.3) into my Mac, iTunes no longer recognizes my device. I get a pop-up asking if I want to download and install a computer update.

My question is: is this update an iTunes update or is it the MacOS Catalina update? I absolutely do not want to update to Catalina. So I want to be sure before I click that button!

It's very confusing because clicking on Learn More leads you to the ultimate update to OS Catalina!

Thanks

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 7:31 PM

5 replies

Feb 6, 2020 3:28 AM in response to tixrus

In Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

tt2

ios 13.3 device not recognized in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.