Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Air 13 is not accepting my password after restart. I have logged in a few times and it worked but won’t work now after several tries and restarts. Went through the reset using Apple ID but it still not working and has old password hint.

New MacBook Air 13 is not accepting my password after restart. I have logged in a few times and it worked but won’t work now after several tries and restarts. Went through the reset using Apple ID but it still not working and has old password hint. Tried using old password again and no password and it will still not unlock.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 9:55 PM

Begin here https://www.cnet.com/how-to/locked-out-of-your-mac-how-to-bypass-and-reset-your-password-to-get-back-in/

This process assumes that you have forgotten your password to start up your MacBook Air and will help resetting the password.

Axel F.

3 replies

New MacBook Air 13 is not accepting my password after restart. I have logged in a few times and it worked but won’t work now after several tries and restarts. Went through the reset using Apple ID but it still not working and has old password hint.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.