Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

People cannot hear me during phone calls when I use my AirPods

People cannot hear me during phone calls when I use my AirPods. I can hear them just fine, but they cannot. I’ve tried resetting them... I’ve cleaned them! But nothing worked. I actually thought it was my old phone’s problem (iPhone 7plus). I just got a new phone (iPhone 11 Pro Max) but the problem stayed! I’m very disappointed.

Does anyone has a solution? That’s $172 down the drain really.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 12:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 1:34 AM

Try a full re-pair, reset, and try again.

Settings > Bluetooth > Airpods > Forget this device. Confirm it.

Put both Airpods in their case, charge them via Lightning for a few minutes (or preferably until the case is 100%). Unplug them. Open the case and hold the button on the back of the case for 15+ seconds or until the light flashes white. Hold them near your iPhone and see if the pairing screen comes up and pair them. If not, repeat until it does. I don't want to advise you to manually pair them because I heard others with a similar issue when they paired them without using the built-in pairing feature. But if you can't see the screen pop up, then manually pair within Bluetooth.

If it doesn't work, open a case with Apple Support here: https://support.apple.com/airpods

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 1:34 AM in response to Amanueltz

Try a full re-pair, reset, and try again.

Settings > Bluetooth > Airpods > Forget this device. Confirm it.

Put both Airpods in their case, charge them via Lightning for a few minutes (or preferably until the case is 100%). Unplug them. Open the case and hold the button on the back of the case for 15+ seconds or until the light flashes white. Hold them near your iPhone and see if the pairing screen comes up and pair them. If not, repeat until it does. I don't want to advise you to manually pair them because I heard others with a similar issue when they paired them without using the built-in pairing feature. But if you can't see the screen pop up, then manually pair within Bluetooth.

If it doesn't work, open a case with Apple Support here: https://support.apple.com/airpods

People cannot hear me during phone calls when I use my AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.