You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook fail

Mid 2012 MacBook Pro

Spilled (1oz ??) Diet Coke on keyboard, screen went to snow, turned off immediately, 48hrs of rice, opened back shell, lower left edge (left side of fan) had some patina(?) on the top side of board. Cleaned with alcohol and can of compressed air. Attached pwr cable. Noted that batt was still charged. And posted on, No noticeable issues. Business ad usual. Fell asleep and battery ran out. Went to recharge and now screen won’t power on, not even a flicker, keyboard back light does work, power cable indicator light does not come on (amber to green) this Mac had been updated. Had worked perfectly. I can not afford a new or used one at this time. If all is hopeless, and someone thinks they can fix it (pro bono) lmk and we’ll figure something out. Thanks for any and all help

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 2:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 10:40 PM

( heavy sigh) yes that’s the truth of it, isn’t it. I thought of trying to claim on my home owners insurance, but what’s the point.

I’m gnna try some YouTube’er stuff just to satisfy my grandiose-id. I appreciate your candor and thank you. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Similar questions

4 replies

MacBook fail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.