Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen time disables childs family shaing access

I just got a new iPad and set my 8 year up a child account using family sharing on my old iPad mini.

Family sharing is enabled to allow him to make App Store purchases after asking my permission.

I set up screen time restrictions (of course). He is allowed to add and delete apps, but no in-app purchases. Content rating are enabled as well as time limits and downtime.

Everything was working properly. He was able to ask me to purchase an app, as well as view my purchased apps. And then one day the “My Account” icon in the App Store just disappeared on his device. That’s the little head in the corner where you can see your own purchased apps and family sharing. I had to go through many steps to disable all the restrictions to be able to sign his Apple ID out of his device, restart, and sign in again. It worked and we were back in business. A week later though and I’m having the same problem...tried the same fix...but the minute I enable Screen time restrictions again the MY Account disappears.

What is going on here? You should absolutely be able to share apps with your kids and have restrictions for them based on everything I’ve read about functionality.

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 8:55 AM

Hello,

I suggest that you reach out to Apple for assistance.

Contact AppleCare

Similar questions

1 reply

screen time disables childs family shaing access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.