Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connect ipad pro 11" to printer

Which cable will connect my ipad pro to an older HP printer? (printer is not wireless)

Thanks

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 8:17 AM

I doubt any cable will

when one connects a printer to a computer one installs a device driver made by the printer maker for the operating system one use

when one print on an iOS device one print to a wireless printer which support apples generic printing interface called airprint

About AirPrint - Apple Support

if the printer does not support AirPrint then one has to rely on a printing app from app store many printer makers has free apps for their printers, doubt any of them would support a wired connection though

netgear had an app for computers both for macOS and windows which would make any printer the computer could print to work as an AirPrint enabled printer when the computer was running and on the same wifi network as the iOS devices not sure if the app is still around and if it works it was called netgear genie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 8:17 AM in response to MBQ2341

I doubt any cable will

when one connects a printer to a computer one installs a device driver made by the printer maker for the operating system one use

when one print on an iOS device one print to a wireless printer which support apples generic printing interface called airprint

About AirPrint - Apple Support

if the printer does not support AirPrint then one has to rely on a printing app from app store many printer makers has free apps for their printers, doubt any of them would support a wired connection though

netgear had an app for computers both for macOS and windows which would make any printer the computer could print to work as an AirPrint enabled printer when the computer was running and on the same wifi network as the iOS devices not sure if the app is still around and if it works it was called netgear genie

connect ipad pro 11" to printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.