Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported photos not showing in Photos > Imports

Recently I imported several photos from Mail to Photos on my iMac (10.14.6) by right-clicking and selecting Export to Photos. When I opened Photos, there was no notification of the import and nothing in the Import tab. When I tried again using both "Export to Photos" and a click-and-drag to the Photos icon, I received a notice that these photos were already imported. I looked around and finally found the photos in My Photo Stream. I then restarted my iMac and the photos finally showed up in the Imports tab. Is this just a one-time glitch, or should I be doing something different regarding importing? Is there any routine maintenance/indexing that needs to be done to the Photos Library?

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 9:49 AM

Yes, I am aware of this article, and I performed both of the instructions. The photos imported, but they just didn't show up where I would expect them to--in the Imports tab. They only showed up in the My Photo Stream tab. But after a computer restart, they showed up in the Imports tab. I'm just going to chalk it up to another computer mystery. Also, in the meantime, I ran the OnyX maintenance routine. Maybe that will clean out anything that was causing the problem.

Thanks for your reply.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 9:49 AM in response to tygb

Yes, I am aware of this article, and I performed both of the instructions. The photos imported, but they just didn't show up where I would expect them to--in the Imports tab. They only showed up in the My Photo Stream tab. But after a computer restart, they showed up in the Imports tab. I'm just going to chalk it up to another computer mystery. Also, in the meantime, I ran the OnyX maintenance routine. Maybe that will clean out anything that was causing the problem.

Thanks for your reply.

Imported photos not showing in Photos > Imports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.