Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facing issue in focus of primary camera of my iphone 11

Recently i have started facing problem with my iphone’s primary main camera that its not able to focus on any object within the sufficient range and clicking blur images. I have also compared this same with other owner’s iphone 11 and its working fine on that! Is anyone with same problem or has solution to it?

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 11:21 AM

If you were trying to focus on the screw/nail in the photo, did you try tapping the screen to force the focus on that individual spot? I'm guessing it is possible that you got a little too close. Trying to hold the iPhone in a position for a close-up as such, it is difficult to determine when you are too close, except by the lack of focus. Have you tried pulling back slightly? It seems in the photo that you provided that the focus is around the distance where the fingers join the palm area. It seems clearer there.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 11:21 AM in response to shravan33

If you were trying to focus on the screw/nail in the photo, did you try tapping the screen to force the focus on that individual spot? I'm guessing it is possible that you got a little too close. Trying to hold the iPhone in a position for a close-up as such, it is difficult to determine when you are too close, except by the lack of focus. Have you tried pulling back slightly? It seems in the photo that you provided that the focus is around the distance where the fingers join the palm area. It seems clearer there.

Jan 1, 2020 6:38 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hey Chris,

Thanks that you responded to my problem.

It was an example (the image i uploaded along with the question) having an object between the wider open background which is not clear even though i tapped to focus on my hand and it was far enough to focus i do some macro clicks and earlier it use to work with the same distance but now it doesn’t.

Attaching another reference:-

in the below image if you try to click a picture in the same way you will find it more crispier and clearer and the colors would be more enhanced rather than looking so dull as in this image!

Jan 1, 2020 7:19 AM in response to shravan33

The distance between your hand and the background is great enough that the f-stop on the iPhone camera will not support focusing on both objects. That is photography 101. Your second example has everything close together, so you are going to get a better focus to that. I would not find there is anything wrong with the camera, however you can make a Genius Bar appointment with you to have the hardware checked. Bring those photos with you to help explain the issue you are describing.

Facing issue in focus of primary camera of my iphone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.