Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sound when a contact comes online for imessage

I have a new iPad

have put in sounds for each contact for iMessage,

so sound when they come online, have checked and the sound is good.

hope some one can help me.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 7:58 PM

Hello,

iPad still has the ability to make a sound whenever you receive a Messages notification. Is your iPad muted? Pull down from the upper right corner of iPad’s display to open Control Center > Tap the icon of a red bell to un-mute your iPad. You can also access the alerts volume in Settings > Sounds.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 7:58 PM in response to senmorts

Hello,

iPad still has the ability to make a sound whenever you receive a Messages notification. Is your iPad muted? Pull down from the upper right corner of iPad’s display to open Control Center > Tap the icon of a red bell to un-mute your iPad. You can also access the alerts volume in Settings > Sounds.

Dec 28, 2019 5:44 PM in response to QuickPost

thank you, I guess I worded it incorrect,

My older iPad when the magnetic cover was closed I would hear a sound

when my contact was wanting to connect with me, I would open my case up and we

would then chat.

That is what I was wanting on this new iPad, version 13.3 I believe.

Hope you can now understand me and try to help.

Thank you

Dec 28, 2019 6:13 PM in response to senmorts

Hello,

Unfortunately I am still pretty confused. Are you referring to the lock sound that iPad would make whenever its screen was locked (when you placed its cover back on)? When someone sends you a text message you will receive a notification of this message on iPad’s Lock Screen. You can tap on this notification and iPad will open its Messages application.

no sound when a contact comes online for imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.