Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with notes for email account

I had to remove a hotmail account and noticed I lost all my notes which I am now assuming were attached to that account. When adding the hotmail account back into my iPhone I only have toggle options to turn off and on mail, contacts, calendars and reminders yet my other email accounts showing which have been there for a couple of years have an additional toggle to turn notes on and off. Does anyone know why this toggle for notes is no longer available when adding a new account or how I get it back so I get my notes back.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 3:43 PM

8 replies

Dec 28, 2019 3:46 PM in response to AliciaJane1

To add to the above, I have tried removing and adding the account a number of times, resetting the phone and also turning notes off other accounts and then adding the account back to see if was a limit issue but still the notes option is not appearing to turn off and on. I have tried googling and searching and most responses say to go into settings and turn notes setting on in settings, passwords accounts and then your email account but I don’t have this option to turn on.

Dec 28, 2019 3:55 PM in response to AliciaJane1

I checked my hotmail account settings and I do not have a NOTES as a category either and therefore no option to Toggle in On or Off. I am certain that there never was an option for Notes in Hotmail for me at least.

The option for Notes does however appear in the Outlook app for the Mac / Windows Desktop. Are you using Outlook on a Mac or a windows PC ? If yes then perhaps activate notes for Hotmail through there. Just a long shot solution.

Axel F.

Dec 28, 2019 4:56 PM in response to Axel Foley

I am using my iPhone. I have 3 email accounts on my phone 1 exchange and two hotmail. The other hotmail is fine with the notes toggle available and notes showing although there are 0 which is correct the one I removed, when added back it no longer gives the notes option anymore. Notes was an option for hotmail so unless it has been removed and if you remove your account and reads it you lose it not sure what happened but really need the notes for that account back. I have added that account in the outlook app but can’t see notes anywhere that we’re in the notes app previously?

Dec 28, 2019 6:27 PM in response to Axel Foley

I am talking about notes the app on your iPhone not notes in the outlook app.

i added my hotmail account years ago to the iPhone mail settings, settings, passwords and account add account and activated notes. I have added notes connected to this account. For years. I had to remove the Email account the other day. I went looking for my notes and realized they are gone i added the account back under settings passwords and account, add account but now there is no toggle to turn my notes back on to get them back.

i have added the account to the outlook app to see if I could get notes but this also didn’t work.

Help with notes for email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.