Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie is not working after updating to iOS 13

Just updated my phone to iOS 13 and now i movie is not working, screen comes up black when you try to play movie

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 6:37 AM

Hey Soraya1963,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! It's never fun when you're trying to use an app and it doesn't function how you want. I'd be glad to see what I can do to assist you with getting iMovie working more how you expect. 

You mentioned that the video comes up black when attempting to play a project. Does this occur in all projects or just ones that you have from before updating? If you create a new one as a test, does it display the same behavior? 

Create a new iMovie project 

Let's also make sure that all of your apps are updated as well since you mentioned just updating to iOS 13. App updates could be very beneficial here, so follow the steps in Update apps or use automatic downloads to ensure that this has been completed. 

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2020 6:37 AM in response to Soraya1963

Hey Soraya1963,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! It's never fun when you're trying to use an app and it doesn't function how you want. I'd be glad to see what I can do to assist you with getting iMovie working more how you expect. 

You mentioned that the video comes up black when attempting to play a project. Does this occur in all projects or just ones that you have from before updating? If you create a new one as a test, does it display the same behavior? 

Create a new iMovie project 

Let's also make sure that all of your apps are updated as well since you mentioned just updating to iOS 13. App updates could be very beneficial here, so follow the steps in Update apps or use automatic downloads to ensure that this has been completed. 

Cheers!

iMovie is not working after updating to iOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.