Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Black Screen (iPhone)

I have a brand new iPhone 12. I made an iMovie, viewed it, and when I went to edit it, the screen went black. You can still see all the content in the ribbon, but the screen remains black even though it's playing. I watched many YouTube videos and tried everything to fix it, including, deleting/re-adding the app, turning my phone off and on--everything anyone recommended. It's been two weeks and I still keep opening the app hoping something will have changed. This problem appears to have been going on for many years, so I cannot imagine that Apple hasn't fixed it yet. From my online research, it appears they have not? After spending several hours creating and editing a movie, this is very frustrating... Anyone with any new suggestions?

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 12:46 PM

Thanks--another bad feature--I accidentally clicked iMovie for MAC and it wouldn't let me undo it. Thank you for letting me know. I thought it was just a key word--didn't know it went to a special forum.. Appreciate the quick reply.

3 replies

iMovie Black Screen (iPhone)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.