Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam and I responded, do I have a problem?

I got an email about my account getting locked. The last few weeks on my laptop I had to change my paspoort for my Apple ID all the time. And I kept getting error. I saw a email by getting my Apple ID locked and if want to unlocked I have to give my email address and password and adress. I started to fill until the part of creditcard. Then I got suspicious. So I clicked it away. But I have give my adress and phone details. I have even given my Apple ID + password. I immediatly changed my Apple ID password. Is this safe or am I risking to be hacked?

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 8:28 PM

If you changed your password, that should keep you from being hacked. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 8:28 PM in response to Bysahar

If you changed your password, that should keep you from being hacked. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

Spam and I responded, do I have a problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.