Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use a photo moved to files

Hi, how do I send back to the photo albums/photo library a photo that I had moved to a file in my iPad?

I couldn’t stand anymore to see all photos duplicated from the general photo stream into photo albums without being able to remove them from the general photo stream. To me that makes just more mess as I like everything organized. So I moved about 1000 photos to file, thinking it works the same way than my Mac but seems trickier!

Now I can’t open them over Instagram or move them back to my photo library so I can use it.

Please, does anyone have a solution that doesn’t involve Google drive or Drop box because these didn’t work either, that’s why I did the File option.

Thanks in advance for your help!

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 7:50 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 29, 2019 1:53 PM in response to QuickPost

Thanks! I was able to figure out why it wasn’t working, at least most of it, and was able to solve it. I was gonna delete my question but now I thought I will share what I did in case that it helps anyone else!

I had saved some drawings I did in Procreate app as photos, and I assumed that as I used to be able to see them in my photo stream, I would be able to move them back, but it doesn’t let you if you click in it! Because it automatically tries to open it in Procreate. (I saved it under File\MyiPad\Procreate\ I know, duh! On my defense it was late and I was really tired lol)

My solution:

Open “File”

Select “On My iPad”

Open the blue folder were you so cleverly and neatly organized your photos under

Hold the photo you wish to move and a drop down menu will pop-up

Select “Share”

Select “Save Image” and you are done!

Now when you open that colourful flower of your “Albums” you will find a copy of your photo under “Recents” so you can add it to your social media.

I know there’s the option to share it straight to Instagram but for some reason I just kept getting errors, i.e.: If I try the share\instagram option, it doesn’t let me modify anything and it only gives me the chance to add a description and share, which I didn’t want to explore further (I’m an App Support Analyst so felt like freelancing for Apple and for free! Lol). And if I selected More\Copy to Instagram, I would get: Error. Something went wrong, please try again later.

I think these are either a bug that Apple needs to patch, or there’s an issue with Instagram’s API, or there’s something wrong with my iPad I just really don’t want to spend more time on it as to me this solution is good enough!

I hope it helps anyone else that like me, felt too tired and needed a bit of guidance back to the light! ;)

How to use a photo moved to files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.