Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing a device that appears twice? Will removing the duplicate mess things up?

My MacBook Air recently was rebuilt ... new operating system as a result (previously mojave, now catalina). My Mac now appears TWICE under my list of devices (each with a different operating system ... one is macOS 10.14.6; the other macOS 10.15.2). Is there any danger to deleting the "older" one?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 8:03 AM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2019 3:57 PM in response to cellabella241

cellabetta241 Said:

Removing a device that appears twice? Will removing the duplicate mess things up?

———-

Contact Apple Support:

A device should not be on there twice. It’s a mishap that needs to be fixed. It’s happened to me recently. So, I contacted Apple Support.

So, have an Apple Rep assist you with this directly over the phone, as I did. They’ll see this device residing in your account twice, and question it themself. Ask them which to remove. They’ll know what’s going on:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.