Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete "macOSUpd10.13.2.pkg" which appears as a "device" in finder?

Can I delete the "macOSUpd10.13.2.pkg" which appears in the "device" section of Finder? No idea why it landed there. I'm guessing this is just the install package so deleting it won't be a problem?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 8:06 AM

We know for certain that when an update is applied, its Upd package will be removed.

For out-of-sequence updates that are no longer appropriate, their fate is less certain. It may need to be deleted manually.

4 replies

Apr 8, 2021 7:55 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thanks for your reply, Grant! The backstory...I'm working through updates to get a 2017 MacBook up to date. The first update, last night, was to move to High Sierra 10.13.6. Once that was completed, I found the macOSUpd10.13.2.pkg in Finder. Thought it was odd since it's not 10.13.6. I plan to update to Big Sur tonight. I'm a novice at this so I'm concerned about deleting anything unless I know it's not needed before I take the next step. Do I understand correctly that when I upgrade to Big Sur, the macOSUpd10.13.2.pkg I see in Finder under Devices will be removed? Thanks for your input!

Delete "macOSUpd10.13.2.pkg" which appears as a "device" in finder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.