Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages App Suddenly Deleted A Document

I was reading my unshared document on the Pages app via my iPhone X when suddenly the message 'this document has been deleted...' occured. After clicking on 'OK' the document closed and it was completely gone from my iCloud account. No traces at all. Nothing in the recently deleted section. It doesn't show up neither in the browser nor on another machine. It is just gone.

I've written hours on this document and I would like to have it back. This is not how the cloud is supposed to work. Does anybody knows where I can get help to retreive my story?

All the best

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 11:16 AM

I've found it: in the iCloud settings there is an 'Advanced' section at the botton. There you can find the link to 'Restore Files'.

There was my document.

Still strange. I have no idea how in all fairness my document got deleted. Nobody else was signed into my account.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2019 11:16 AM in response to reery

I've found it: in the iCloud settings there is an 'Advanced' section at the botton. There you can find the link to 'Restore Files'.

There was my document.

Still strange. I have no idea how in all fairness my document got deleted. Nobody else was signed into my account.

Pages App Suddenly Deleted A Document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.