Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Documents have vanished form everywhere.

Shortly after updating to iOS 14.7.1, I went into my Pages app on my iPad and discovered almost every document I had has disappeared. I then went to the Pages app on my iPhone, same thing, all documents gone. The Pages app on my Mac, gone too. Checked my iCloud, all Pages documents missing form there as well.

I don’t know if the iOS update had anything to do with it, but it was the only thing I did recently that could be the culprit.

All my devices are set up to backup to iCloud (and have been for a long time . . . I even pay for extra monthly storage) yet all my docs have vanished from everywhere as if they never existed. (I do have backups of some of the documents, but not all of them.)

Anybody else experience this?

I know the following from doing research :

1). No one will probably have a solution (including Apple).

2). I will be told I need to back up better.

It appears iCloud lost all these documents and there’s no recourse (I will probably never, ever get them back), but I am hoping someone else out there may have some answers (besides the aforementioned two) that may be of help to me.

Thanks in advance.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 12:54 PM

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your documents are most likely gone. When you synch your documents with iCloud, they are not part of the backups, so there is no way to recover them from an iCloud backup. Now:

1. Would you happen to have a local Time Machine backup on your Mac? If so, try to restore from there.
  2. If you don't, just for the sake of giving it a shot, try to restore one of your devices from an iCloud backup. I doubt it will work but one has to try.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 12:54 PM in response to Calorivadabama

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your documents are most likely gone. When you synch your documents with iCloud, they are not part of the backups, so there is no way to recover them from an iCloud backup. Now:

1. Would you happen to have a local Time Machine backup on your Mac? If so, try to restore from there.
  2. If you don't, just for the sake of giving it a shot, try to restore one of your devices from an iCloud backup. I doubt it will work but one has to try.

Pages Documents have vanished form everywhere.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.